Mobile Medical Unit
The Mobile Medical Unit (MMU) is IMPACT Community Action’s health initiative.
In partnership with The Breathing Association, IMPACT Community Action funds the MMU to provide free comprehensive health care options to uninsured and underinsured customers who meet income eligibility criteria.
The MMU provides caring medical and nursing services from a skilled professional staff from The Breathing Association.
The MMU provides quality health care to those who:
- Meet the income-eligibility guidelines (at or below 125% of the Federal Poverty Level)
- Have or do not have health insurance
- Cannot afford to pay for health care
- Have asthma, COPD or other lung health conditions
The MMU services include:
- Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) education
- Breathing tests
- Community outreach and referral to other agencies
- Health assessment
- Home care follow-up for seniors and asthma care
- Influenza immunizations
- Medical supplies assistance programs (including nebulizers and peak flow meters)
- Nutrition, exercise and weight management counseling
- Physical exams
- Prescription assistance programs
- Preventative services
- Wellness services
The MMU travels throughout Columbus and Franklin County. In partnership with other human services agencies, the MMU operates on Tuesdays and Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in a community near you.
The current MMU partner agencies include:
- Church 4 All People
- Clintonville Community Resource Center (CRC)
- Columbus Urban League
- Gladden House
- Godman Guild
- IMPACT Community Action*
- Mid-Ohio Food Bank
- Near Northeast Material Assistance Program (NNEMAP)
- Unity Health Center
- Stowe Baptist Church
- Volunteers of America
*IMPACT Community Action hosts the MMU on every 1st Tuesday.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact Mrs. Carmen Allen at 614.453.1708 or firstname.lastname@example.org.