Summer Crisis Program
New Walk-In Hours for Emergency Assistance Program Customers
2016 Summer Crisis Program (SCP) Runs July 1st through August 31st
The HEAP Summer Crisis Program (SCP) provides electric utility assistance and/or free air conditioners and/or fans to income-eligible households* throughout Columbus and Franklin County. The SCP runs from Friday, July 1, 2016 through Wednesday, August 31, 2016.
The SCP program provides a one-time payment for electric utility service and also assists with PIPP PLUS. Summer Crisis Program appointments may be scheduled by calling 866.747.1038.
For additional information about other HEAP services, including PIPP Plus, please call 614.252.2799.
Super Saturday Schedule
During times of high demand, IMPACT Community Action offers weekend hours to assist working adults. "Super Saturday" is a customer-focused event to provide additional access to the Summer Crisis Program (SCP) and other home energy assistance programs.
There are four (4) Super Saturday Events scheduled during the 2016 SCP season, starting at 8:30 a.m. each day:
- July 9th
- July 23rd
- August 6th
- August 20th
All Super Saturday events will be held at IMPACT's office at 700 Bryden Road.
Customers are seen on a first-come, first-served basis.
*HEAP/SCP helps low-income families at or below 175% of the 2016-2017 Federal Poverty Guidelines:
To apply for service, customers must bring the following information:
- Valid, government-issued photo identification (i.e., a driver’s license)
- Social Security cards (or print out) for everyone in the household
- Proof of income for the past 90 days for everyone in the household age 18 and older
- Current electric bills
- A copy of the lease, if the service is currently disconnected
- Physician’s statement for households without a resident that is 60 years old or older
IMPACT Kicks off SCP With 4th Annual "Beat The Heat" Event!
For the fourth consecutive year, IMPACT will kick off the HEAP Summer Crisis Program (SCP) by hosting “Beat the Heat,” a free, family-friendly event on Friday, July 1st at its headquarters at 700 Bryden Road in Columbus, Ohio 43215 (rear parking lot).
In addition to the traditional SCP application processing for families and individuals in need, IMPACT's "Beat The Heat" event featured food, music, and entertainment.
Special thanks to the past and present partner organizations, sponsors and vendors whose collective impact helped to make this event another huge success:
- AARP | ADAMH | American Red Cross
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Ohio
- Center for Healthy Families | Columbus Fire Department Engine House No. 3
- Columbus Public Health Department | Columbus Police Department
- Community Stakeholders | COAAA | COWIC | CPO
- Community for New Directions | DJ Hands On | Diverse Home Care
- Franklin County Safe Communities | Homeport | Homeless Families Foundation
- Kroger | MidOhio Food Bank | Moms2B | Ohio HispanicCoalition
- Ohio Juvenile Justice Coalition | The Ohio State University/OSU Extension
- People's Justic Project | Power 107.5/Radio One | PrimaryOne Health
- The Salvation Army | Volunteers of America | Veteran's Affairs
- Woodforest National Bank | YWCA